Wednesday, July 13, 2011

One Year Ago Today

Photobucket
One year ago today, I gave birth to our baby girl, Fina. She came into this world easily into a tub of warm water. Her birth was peaceful. She stared up at me, bright eyes and red lips and I fell in love all over again. Not only did I fall in love with her again, but I fell in love with Doug and Cooper all over again too for watching them love Fina made me love them even more. She has been the perfect edition to our family.
When I held her in my arms that night and every night since it was like holding a little slice of heaven. I marveled over all the little noises she made and was intoxicated by the way she smelled. I still feel a sense of peace when I hold her and smell her head as she nuzzles in.
This past year has been nothing but perfect. She has been a dream baby. I think a lot of it is because Doug and I trust ourselves as parents much more now then we did when we were new at it with Cooper. We don't try to mold her or push her to do things she is not ready to do. If she cries we pick her up, if she needs to sleep with us she does, if she wants to be held we hold her. It feels good to be confident in these things and not worry about schedules or what the latest "expert" says. Fina has taught us to trust our instincts and having her has made us better parents all around. I would say that we trust our parenting instincts more with Cooper since she arrived too.
Fina has such a lovable personality. I have enjoyed watching her go from an angelic newborn to a active baby. I have loved watching every little hair sprout on her head, every delicious arm roll get bigger and then now slim out a bit, every little twinkle in her eye when she discovers something new, and have especially enjoyed every giggle that comes out of her when she is being entertained by her big brother. Love. That is what I feel, complete love.
Here are some photos of her party. She loves balls so we had a ball themed party. The little Birthday Girl slept for about half of her party. I guess it was a bit much for her :) Annie made perfect cupcakes for her party and Cooper helped blow out the candles. I made her a special birthday crown and tissue balls to hang around the yard. It was a great party and a great way to celebrate our baby girl because she is something worth celebrating!
We love you, Fina Marie!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I'm so bummed I missed out on the party, the kids had a great time. Love what you wrote in this blog entry! Happy 1st bday FINA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's precious, E. Don't blink b/c she'll be losing teeth before you know it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...