Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom

Many years ago, long before I felt a labor pain or had a belly marked with silvery stretch marks, long before I snuggled my own newborn babies, long before I watched a human develop right before my very eyes, I wanted to be a mother. You can ask anyone who knows me well and they will clearly remember me saying that I wanted to be a mother and that I wanted many children. Having children has always been my dream and I can now say that it is my reality and I am so blessed because of it.
Even though I am a mother now, when I think of a mother, I have a hard time picturing myself because all I can see is MY mother. To me, she is the ultimate mother. I am so lucky that I have such a wonderful example for a mother. When we were growing up she would drill into our brains about how much she wanted us to go out into the world and get a great education and then a wonderful job that made us happy. But, truth be told, I always wanted to be just like her. A Mother. My mom was kind but firm, always there. Always. She was full of advice and stories. She always made all of our meals. She was patient. And now, she is my best friend. Seriously. We hang out with Mom all the time. The only thing that she is better at then being a Mother is being a Grandmother. Just ask her grand kids. They will tell you how much they adore her. When she is in town, Cooper would assume he just move in with her (and Po). So on this day after Mothers Day I want to say, thank you Mom! You make me want to be a better mom and I love you very much!

1 comment:

  1. That's very sweet Elena. I would say you are a wonderful mom as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...