Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

Mmmm the house is full of the wonderful smell of our Thanksgiving dinner! We are having a small Thanksgiving, only 5 of us (my parents, Doug, Cooper and I). This is the first time ever that any of us has had such a small gathering. We are relaxing and enjoying a glass of wine and Cooper is having a long afternoon nap after a day of playing with leaves and feeling the rain on his face, yup it's raining here in NM!
This past week I took care of a baby that made me feel even more thankful for my son. He was born a healthy newborn and then unexpectedly stopped breathing at 2 hours of life and now is severely neurologically devastated. He reminded me a lot of what my Cooper looked like at birth, long and skinny, big eyes, pale skin, absolutely beautiful! I spoke with his dad candidly about his grief. The grief of knowing that his child will probably never lead the life that he had once imagined that he would. My heart broke for this dad. After the dad left, I rocked that sweet baby to sleep and I saw my baby and thought "this could happen to anyone". We are so blessed to have a healthy baby and my work forces me to realize this every day and I am thankful for that.

Today I am thankful for my family. I am thankful for our health and happiness. I am thankful for my wonderful husband. I am thankful that I had a beautiful healthy birth and that I have a healthy baby boy who lights up my life. I am thankful for all the joy that my life has brought me!
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...