Monday, September 26, 2011

This and That and Eggs!

So much has happened in the month of September that I feel like my head is swimming. September has been the busiest month yet for my photography business, which has been super fun. September has been the start of co op preschool for us which has been fun and busy. September has been a hard month emotionally because my dad had heart surgery. And... September has been the month that Road Street started laying eggs! We have had one a day for the past 9 days! So cool. We are just waiting for the other two chickens to catch up!
Since my dad was in the hospital I have really been thinking about my role as a nurse. Here is where I toot my own horn, toot toot!! Seriously, though. My dad had two nurses that we absolutely amazing! Nurses make all the difference when it comes to your hospital stay. You see the Doc for about 15 minutes during the whole day but you are with your nurse all day. It was my first time being on the other side of medical care and it was quite humbling. His nurses made him feel safe and well cared for and gave us a sense of comfort knowing that we were leaving him in good hands. This past weekend at my nursing job, I took extra care with my patients and their families knowing that they are probably going to remember how I cared for them during such a special and challenging time in their lives. I think that I am a good nurse but after being on the other side I want to be a better one.
Any who.... lots of photos to share soon. Have a great week!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...