Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can We Do It All?

There is a wonderful campaign going on over at Clickinmoms, the forum I belong to. It is called the "I am a photographer" campaign. It is honoring all of us photographers weather it be novice or pro who tend to try and do it all. For every photo submitted, they are donating one dollar to RAINN, the nation's largest anti-sexual assault organization.
This campaign came at a perfect time. A time when I am reflecting on myself and all that I do. What I strive to do is give 100% of myself to everything that I am dabbling in. What I realize is that giving 100% to so many things isn't possible, which is why there is a mountain of clean laundry on the couch and why I tripped over a toy while getting my coffee. I am a mother, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, a homemaker, a co op chair, a nurse, a photographer, that's to name a few of the things I am. I am thankful for all of the things that make me who I am but sometimes it becomes a bit much. This project has brought on some major self reflection. I have been so excited about my new path as a photographer that I forgot how important my role as a nurse is. I worked very hard for my BSN degree and love the work that I do. I take care of peoples precious newborns and help those babies into the world. Pretty great job. So in the campaign you were to write  a noun on a white piece of paper other than mother or photographer (we are all both of those over at CM), that represents who you are.  I chose NURSE. Today, I a proud to be a nurse AND all of the other things that make me, me. What makes you, you? I challenge you to do this, even if you aren't a member of CM. Post it on your blog and pass it on. We women take on a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...