Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where have we been???


Here, The Land of Enchantment.















Well, actually we have been home for almost 2 weeks and have been very busy. Updates later.

We went home a few weeks ago because it had been way to long since we had some quality chili! It blows my mind that 2 places that are so different can both hold such a special place in my heart. For any of you that have flown into Albuquerque in the winter time or any time really, you can relate to the shock that goes through your mind when you look our the window and see not one speck of green. Or maybe it is just me because of the complete greenness that I live in now. But it doesn't take long to see the true beauty that New Mexico has to offer. Just look at the photos above and you have to admit that brown is pretty darn beautiful.
I was telling a good friend the other day that Albuquerque will always have a tight squeeze on my heart. There will always be something about it that pulls me back. It is almost like I can feel the pull physically and need to go back to feel whole again. But when we were there a few weeks ago I also felt some closure, like we are happy and we did in fact make the right decision. So much of who I am started in Albuquerque. I was born there and had the most amazing childhood. My wonderful marriage started there and my beautiful son was born there. Not to mention my parents and family who are still there and the friends who are there who helped define who I am. Seattle is where I live and is home but my true home will always be in New Mexico.

By the way... we are loving this new camera of ours!!! Can you tell?

4 comments:

  1. Great post, E! My favorite picture is of you and Coop--so peaceful and full of love. I can totally relate to your sentiments about ABQ. That's how I used to feel every time I'd come home from MD. Now that we live here, I don't think about it as much. But you're right, there's a definite pull...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I'm glad you got to visit your other home. It is amazing how different the two places feel; it must be particularly powerful for you having grown up there. Thanks, too, for encouraging people to support recovery in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos, as usual....

    Although it's so easy to complain about Abq., there is definitely a "magical pull" about being here. And who knows....maybe someday you'll end up back here and if things go as I hope for my little family....need I say more?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...