Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Some Thoughts On School


Anyone who knows me knows that I have been completely consumed with the decision about weather or not we should send Cooper to kindergarten in the fall. He has a late birthday so if he went to kindy he would be of the youngest of the bunch. This has been heavily on my mind. Then, once we start talking about school, the question of "what school" comes into play. Decisions, decisions. I have asked anyone who will answer what they think we should do. I have talked to Coopers teacher multiple times. Doug and I have had many, many conversations about what is best. I have toured schools, read articles about holding kids back, looked and thought about pros and cons of public vs private school (which is silly because sending our children to private really isn't sustainable for us). It is giving me a headache. But, I am happy to say that we have decided to wait for kindergarten and I am so relieved. Cooper will have one more year to be a child, one more year at home with us, one more year to grow and be ready for the world of school. Luckily, there are a lot of options for young 5's who are not ready to go to kindy. The only "kindy" he may go to is one at a co op school here, a school that is very relaxed. If he did that, he would do regular kindy in 2013. That's all. I just wanted to get it off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...